Monday, November 3, 2008

A sense of accomplishment

I have a 100 other things I should be doing right now, but I just had to share with all of you that I just did something I have never done before. It gave me a great sense of accomplishment. Those of you with big families will laugh but I just took 4 kids to the grocery store and survived! My 3 plus my neighbor girl who is 4. We had a talk about how you act in the store and it went beautifully. It was even kind of fun.

The best part was when we were in the checkout line and the bagger guy asked if I wanted to carry my eggs out or if they could go in the crate for drive up. I looked at him and then at the 4 little ones around me and said they have just as good of a chance out there as with me. He said yeah I guess you have your hands full! It was great. Hope you all have a happy Monday!

7 comments:

steffany said...

That is a huge accomplishment:)

Anonymous said...

No matter how many kids you have with you, as long as you can leave the grocery store with your sanity it's a good trip! Good kids are icing on the cake...and when someone notices--that is like a double scoop of cookies and cream ice cream on the side! Way to go:)

Laura Lu said...

that is an accomplishment!!!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a time when I went shopping with Becky R when you guys were little. Only I don't think we remembered to have the talk about how to act in a store, so the outcome wasn't quite the same. I still smile when I think about trying to find T & N under the clothes racks at Penney's in Harvey.

Mom

Lyz said...

I think it's all in your mindset. If you are calm and anticipate the pitfalls, sometimes they don't happen at all! (I like to have some dum-dum suckers in my purse, just in case.)

I remember my first trip with just TWO kids - those milestones are so empowering!

Heather said...

You are a great momma Valerie...you know I hate grocery shopping so I am duly impressed with your bringing your own precious children AND someone else's - I know that is something I have never tried before. I'm glad it was a success for you - one more great feeling to add to your new identity as a family of 5! I love you!

Larissa said...

You go, Valerie! I can SO identify with this. These days I consider it a success if I take all three and no one melts down. :)