Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm calling it Rainbow Alfredo

Today we were getting back from a photo shoot/play date with my very talented friend  Susie B and it was supper time. (I promise beautiful pictures at a later date!) Anyway it was the dreaded decision of what to make for supper. I scanned my cupboards, checked out my fridge and got a little creative. I came up with this great recipe from all the things I had on hand. And I'm writing it down just so I don't forget it. If I were really cool like the pioneer woman I would have a pictures of the process and the finished product on here, but I don't think that far a head so I'll just share the recipe. Oh and the best part is my kids ate it. Here it is:

Rainbow Alfredo

1/2 package of bacon
1/2 box of penne pasta
1/2 carton of grape tomatoes
handful of frozen peas
a couple hand fulls of frozen carrots
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
a little (like 1/2 cup) spaghetti sauce
Parmesan cheese


Fry the bacon, cook the pasta according to the box, bring you frozen carrots to a boil and cook for a couple of minutes. After the bacon is finished, pour the drained pasta in the drippings, add the vegetables, Alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce to the skillet. Mix all together and put in a casserole dish, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350F for about 15 minutes. 

Yummy and pretty too!

1 comment:

Shannonheick said...

Thanks Valerie! I love coming over for supper and having one of your made-up recipes. I love that you posted this recipe because I can never re-create what you did. Thanks sis!