Friday, June 13, 2008

Important donation information

I got a call the day after I sent out our letters from the people we are working with at the MICAH fund and they clarified some things for me as far as designated giving. So if you are someone who I sent a letter to this important for you to read, and I 'll try to make it clear. 

We applied for a grant through the MICAH fund and were accepted, we don't know the amount yet, but we will get some money from them. Praise God! Now as far as the designated giving. If you send an amount of money to the MICAH fund and put our names on the memo line. It will go to us as long as we haven't gotten our baby yet and they haven't sent us our grant money. They will send our grant money when our placement fee is due. This when we get the baby.  I hope this is not too confusing.  I thought I'd highlight your choices. 

If you send "designated funds" to the MICAH fund you:
  • Your donation is tax deductible
  • I'm trying to raise awareness about adoption and the MICAH fund is great place to start.
  • If you wait too long to send, (after the baby is born)  your money may not come go to us.
If you send donations directly to us:
  • Your donation is not tax deductible 
  • Your money will go to us and we will be used for placement fees and travel costs.
A friend at church asked me today if people could donate frequent flyer miles to us to help with travel costs. Because I don't fly that often, I hadn't thought of that but if you can transfer them, it would be a great blessing to us. And another way you  could help. Just thought I throw it out there. 

Now no matter what you decide, please continue to keep us in our prayers, this is an exciting time in our lives, and we greatly thank everyone who had been there for us and is praying for us. We had the first half of our rummage sale tonight, and despite a few showers going through, I think we had a good turn out. 

No comments: