Saturday, August 23, 2008

The last week of summer

 The kids and I made a list of the things we wanted to do the last week of summer and I had big plans of documenting it by taking a picture each day to share with each of  you, Well that didn't happen. But if I did have a camera I would have taken a picture of all these things.

Monday: Jonah playing Bocce Ball and beating his mom and dad. 
Tuesday: We had a most excellent trip to the zoo. I would've taken pictures of the Asian deer in the water, the baby wolves, and the crane named Stanley that was very interactive and made Lydie giggle and giggle. 

Wednesday: I would have taken a picture of bike ride to the park and our nature walk, complete with "Nature bracelets"

**** take wide masking tape and wrap it around each wrist (sticky side out ) and have the kids walk around the park finding things that God created. It was great to talk about the bracelets and see how beautiful they turned out. We even found feathers to put on them! Hmmm, maybe I am ready for school to start.

Oh and I would 've taken pictures of a botched paint job in my kitchen, dining room. It was bad. . . very bad. And all the cute paint boy's fault. A very long story, that will maybe post another day, if any of you who I haven't told the story to already, inquire about it. 

Thursday: I would have taken pictures of a fun swimming trip to my friends house.  And I Jonah at back to school night, meeting his teacher for the very first time! 

Friday: I would have taken pictures of our bike ride, in the rain, to the post office,  to send Jessie and Bjorn a package and a trip to Scheels that was SOOOO fun. ( It was the waterfowl festival and we got to watch the hunting dogs jump in the water and we got lots of fee stuff.) Uncle Jason will be glad to know both J and L have duck calls now. 

And finally today: I had my camera, YEAH! It was Bean Days in Horace and these are a few pictures from this morning.

Blayke, Lydie, and Jonah waiting for candy at the parade.
Posing after getting  their face painted.

No comments: