Thursday, August 21, 2008

reflective

I have been concocting  a blog in my head for the last 3 days about the end of summer and the beginning of the school year. The bottom line is I'm very reflective this time of year. I look back at this summer and I am soooo thankful for all it was. 

It wasn't exactly what we thought it would be, but it was so great just the same. In fact,  I found Jonah's list we made together in June of all the things he wanted to do this summer ( I know start them early with lists). We were able to cross them all off. We went camping, fishing, to the park, took bike rides, slept in the tent, stayed at the farm, played basketball, went to Bible school, went to Jessie's, went to the zoo, went swimming, and played ( alot!). . . WHEW it makes me tired just thinking about it. But, really there is just something about summer we have more time to get to know each other better doing activities that we don't get to do the other 9 months of the year. I love summer! 

Having said that, I look forward to the school year. I'm praying the transition goes well for everyone. I'm excited to see what the school year will be for each of us. It is an exciting time of year! Now,  just in case you ever wondered. . .

Today, we were on the way to a friends house to go swimming and Jonah and Lydia are talking about swimming underwater. 
Jonah asks, " Why can't we breath under water?" 
Lydia says," I don't know."
 Jonah then continues  "Do you think we will be able to breath under water in heaven ?"
He then concludes, "Yep, we must be able to breath under water in heaven because you can't die in heaven."

The things kids think of. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's Jonah...always thinking! Have a great weekend, well what's left of it, and a great 1st week of school.
Misty