Wednesday, April 2, 2008

She's 4!

In honor of my sweet Lydie's birthday (yesterday) I'm writing in pink tonight. Lydia is being celebrated several times for turning 4. Last Saturday at Grandma Stevenson's with a great princess cake, and next saturday with her friends at a beach party( at our house), but yesterday was the real deal.

My April Fools baby turned four years old yesterday! Forgive me if I get a little sappy and go into all of the cliche's of mom around the world. But I can't believe the little black haired, scrunched face baby is 4! She was a firecracker of a baby, demanding and always making her opinion known, and really that's still her today, except with a spunky sweetness that can't be mistaken. She's such a big girl.

Here's why we are blessed to have Lydia as part of this family:

* She is spunky, if she likes you, she loves you, if not she'll leave you.
* She's a wonderful little mother taking wonderful care of all her animals and babies, making sure there not sick and giving them a shot if they are.
* She gives the best "squeezes" a hug that could fill you up for the day.
*She uses big words for a little girl like "pathetic" and "delicious"
*She has the best belly laugh in the world, if you hear it, you will laugh.We often joke she should be recorded and on one of those stuffed animals that laugh at you when you sqeeze the belly.
*She is determined and passionate, now some may say demanding and bossy, but we are hoping to chanel that energy into something big some day.

I feel very blessed to be Lydia's mom, thanks for letting me go on and on about her for a bit.

Jonah lost his 3rd tooth today, and was convincing me that the tooth fairty is VERY good at "hunting" for lost teeth. 'She can just smell them out." he said. Never have I thought about the tooth fairt as a hunter, thanks to his uncles for that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem possible that it was 4 years ago when I was sitting on the couch and the phone rang and I just knew I had a new little niece. I hope Lydia and Jonah know how much they are loved.
Aunt Jessie