Saturday, April 19, 2008

Adoption Update

I almost forgot, one of the biggest things that happened in the last 3 weeks is our family profiles officially went out last week. They are at the agencies and now we just wait for a birthmom to chose us. They went out a week ago Tuesday. I didn't write on here, because for once I really didn't know what to write. For the first time in this whole adoption process there is literally nothing left for us to do but pray. We dont' have to gather more papers, get more fingerprints or have more interviews. We just need to wait on the Lord. At first I was stuck between "Is this really going to happen?" and "This is really going to happen?" As I reflect on where were at and where we've come from. I'm soooo thankful for journey this far. I'm thankful for the people who have been there for us, prayed for us and haven't forgotton that we're on this ride. I'm thankful for the people who have gone down the adoption road and have offered advice and encouragement. And for tonight, I am hopeful in what is ahead for us. Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Valerie!
We are really excited for this beautiful baby to join our family!
We are praying for baby, birthmom, and of course you guys! Love you!
Shanny
p.s. if Jonah or Lydia happpen to be in the room when you are reading this tell them HI from auntie Shanny!