Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter, e-mail, and everything else

EASTER- I'm going to try to put some pictures on here directly from my camera of the the break. It started out not as I planned with Lydia getting sick but ended up just fine. We went to my parents on Thursday after Aaron was done with school. Lydia still had a temp but was better than the two days before, she was much better on Friday and pretty much back to herself by Saturday. On Friday we did the fun farm stuff, fed cows, saw some new baby calves, dyed Easter eggs with Grandma visited everyone on the farm. On Saturday we went to my uncles and had Easter/birthday party for my cousin McKenna who's 7. The kids had a blast and it was fun to see my Grandma and aunts and uncles. I got to see Baby Bjorn. He even came to me! I guess all that talking to him on the phone for the past 6 weeks has paid off! We drove back to Fargo on Saturday night and celebrated Easter at our church Sunday morning and a relaxing day. I was able to have some fun conversations with the kids about why we celebrate Easter and we went through the Easter story with the help of the Resurrection Eggs. They are these eggs that have a something in each of them to represent the Easter story (ie., a crown of thorns, a rock, a spear, etc) Very cool. Ok that covers the Easter part.crown of thorns, a rock, a spear, etc) Very cool. Ok that covers the Easter part.

Here's the kids and my dad and the 3 baby calves. Jonah liked to round them up and Lydia of course liked to pet them, the first thing she said when we got in the barn was "Well what should we name them?"
Jonah was very proud of his "dissappearing" or actually "reappearing ink". You just gotta love white crayons!
Alexis, McKenna and Lydia pretending they are so cool!


Baby Bjorn and his mommy. Thanks for all of you who prayed for him when we had his surgery. He's doing great!

E-MAIL-I got an e-mail today from our social worker saying she sent our homestudy to us to be signed last week and our backround checks/fingerprints came in today. So that means all we have to do is sign and our stuff is officially off and ready to be looked at by birthmoms. I have to admint when I read the e-mail I got this nervous whoosh go throughout my body. My heart did a little flutter, and my brain said wow this is really going to happen, thank you Jesus and please show us the way.



EVERYTHING ELSE- We have been prayerfully considering asking people to help us with our adoption and it is sort of hard to know exactly what to say. So for once in my life I"m not going to go on and on like I usually do , I'm just going to ask you to pray. Pray:



* that God will continue to prepare our family for the baby He has chosen for us

* that in details of this adoption that are ahead, that we will be able to discern what is best for our family and that we won't lose sight of God being in control

* for our babies birthmom that she will feel surrounded by God's wisdom and love

* that God will provide finanial support we need to make this happen for our family

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah! The calves take me WAAAY back to when we "led the heifers" :0 too funny. The pics of the girls, now you know they are just cool to begin with. my kids loved the sunglasses too. BJORN! Wow he looks great (as does Jes)WOW!!! about the process, it's always overwhelming when you are about to dive off the cliff, just remember there is an expert steering the hang-glider. Your only job is to HANG ON & ENJOY THE RIDE. Love you guys, Misty

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I was surfing the net and came across this page and thought you'd find it interesting...from your new favorite author! Misty

http://likedandeliondust.blogspot.com/

Shannonheick said...

Hey V!
Thanks for letting us know how to pray. Easter looked fun! I am trying to add our pics but I am having probs. How were you able to have a pic with a caption on or under it? If I add pics my writing gets all messed up? Any advise since you are my blogging expert!