Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lydiaisms

This weekend Lydia just seemed to be full of the funniest stories and quotes. My sister in law Shannon even put one on her blog. Anyway, here are just a few:

We tried to go to the rodeo in Valley City yesterday. But we got about 15 miles west of Fargo and the roads were sooooo icy there were cars in the ditch everywhere. We decided it was not the best idea and turned around. Lydia was quite dissapointed and can you blame her she was decked out in her best cowgirl attire complete with pigtails, a cowgirl shirt and shiny pink cowboy boots, she did look awful cute. Anyway, when we said we were turning around, Lydia was crying and whining and she kept saying , "It's not that bad out!" We tried to explain to her that it was too icy and finally she said, "well can't we just ice skate there!"

Another one happened at supper time. and is sort of embarrasing but the laugh will be worth it. We all had sat down to supper and I decided to stop the ceiling fan. Now you need to understand that the ceiling fan has been going non stop for probably 4 or 5 months. I don't remember the last time we stopped it. Andway it stopped and for some reason we all watched it stop, when the blades came to a halt the amount of dust on them looked like a a dirty snowbank like about and inch and half thick! Lydia looked at me and said " WHOA ,that is SO interesting!" We all laughed out loud.

The last came before bed, Lydia who is kind of has a thing with toothpaste (she always has dreams about a girl drinking toothpaste) starts telling me this crazy story about this girl who is making the craziest toothpaste ever! She mixed together strawberries, and oranges and minty stuff and rice krispies and that is the best toothpaste there is and then she drinks it through a straw. What a story. I'm totally not doing it justice but it was very funny at the time.

That's all I got for now. I hope all is well with all of you and you had a restful Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Lydia wasn't the only one disappointed yesterday. Papa Jason kept saying, well, let's just go to Fargo - it can't be that bad! Those people just needed to slow down.
I can just picture Lydie with her cowgirl get-up - makes me sad that we missed it - but better safe than sorry.

Well I came in to get some work done, not spend the day reading blogs - I check out Shannon's and Betsy's so I haven't gotten a lot done.

Not sure how this all works, as I've never left a comment before - have to see what comes next.

Love you - mom