Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chapter 3 Just like camp. . .

This post is dedicated to the wonderful foster family who cared for princess T. I can't say enough good things about them and I think Aaron put it best "you don't meet people like that every day." They were kind enough to let us stay at their house, they helped us get around and most importantly they loved on little T in a way that has truly made her bloom. I could go on and on about John's sense of humor, Mary's kind heart, Laura's great laugh and Carol's sweet spirit but really I'm just full of gratitude for this wonderful family.

The night before we left to get her, Aaron was a little worried about staying at someone's house, being at our daughters birthday party who we just met, basically living with strangers. I had talked to Mary (foster mom) a couple times before we left and knew we would be fine but just in case I prayed that it would be like Bible camp. You know you get to camp and maybe know 1 or 2 other people and by the end of the week the whole cabin feels like family. (Luckily I've usually had positive experiences at camp!) It's one of those miracles that can only be explained from God. Anyway, that's exactly what happened. We always felt so comfortable and welcome. These people demonstrated the gift of hospitality.

1 comment:

Shannonheick said...

Valerie-
I am so glad my little niece was in such wonderful hands with Mary and John. She is loved by so many and we are so blessed to have her in our family! Give her kisses from Auntie today. p.s. i love your blog song!