So here goes. . . Wednesday evening on our way to our church banquet we get a call from our social worker, it's "the call" everyone talks about. They know of a baby for us. The baby is not born but it was up for us to consider. My heart was pounding, my body was sweating I was terrified and Aaron said it best, "I feel so unprepared" She said I need to know by tomorrow at 4pm. Ok here we go, we stayed up late Wed night and took off work on Thursday morning, made some phone calls, prayed some more, we'd talk through so of the issues and then just stair at each other and so one of would say, "OK let's just pray again." Thursday at noon we had made some progress with our decision but just needed more time, so we called our SS back and said we needed until Friday morning. I went back to work and b/c the girls I work with know me so well, many people asked and I tried to keep it cool, not saying too much but just letting them know that yes we had gotten a call about a baby! I have to say Thursday afternoon and evening a great thing happenend. I felt completely carried in prayer. I know there were many of you praying for us and I could honestly feel it. So thank you for that and please keep praying (read on) I had this incredible peace that whatever we decided it would be the right decision, a peace that could only come from God because it was so out of character for me. So last night (Thurs) after more prayer and talking we were not united on the decision. Something was not right and so we decided to decline. We talked to our SS this morning at around 7:15 and Aaron told her that in fact we were saying no.
I told Aaron that if there was any even tiny little inkling that is was the wrong decision he needed to tell me, he said, that he could confidently say that this was the right decision, and so there we were. . . then 20 minutes later our SS called us back with ANOTHER BABY to consider! Holy cow, is this really how this works! All I could think was God you are so good an so in control and if I ever doubt that again, please forgive me. Aaron was walking out the door for school while I was taking down the info. He called me after he got to work and I presented him the info. And so WE SAID YES!
The baby is due in July, it is a girl and we are cautiously excited. We know that July is a little ways down the road and lots can happen but for now we are dreaming about adding a baby girl to our family. We have stepped out in faith and God is teaching us so much. We are leaving it in his hands and surrendering the details to him!
Please pray for this tiny baby not yet born, pray for her birth mom and pray for us. Pray we will be able to come up with enough money for this adoption and that the steps go smoothly.
Please continue to pray for us on this roller coaster ride and know that right now we wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
To our sweet baby girl: "I am writing these things to you now, even though I hope to be with you soon..." 1 Timothy 3:14