Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Good Bye Summer

OK those of you who know me, know I hate when things come to an end. And even though I technically have a few more days of summer left, my 2nd grader and my main man start tomorrow, so as far as our house goes, summer is done. We took a little camping trip to finish out the summer and had some fun talks with the kids about what they liked best about summer and what they were looking forward to the most about school. Jonah is looking forward to math and gym. Good man.

This time of year I think a lot about where were at as a family where I'm at in my life and where I want to be. It's definetly our new year since we're all on the school calendar. I"ve been thinking about what my favorite things were about summer. I made a top 10 because I couldn't narrow it down to just 5 and they're not in any particular order. So here goes, good bye summer, thanks for the memories, we'll see you again next year.

-Watching Jonah play baseball.
-Watching Lyida play soccer
-Going camping at Maplewood State Park, watching Taneah catch her first fish and Jonah want to fish ALL day long, taking Lydia out in a canoe alone and seeing a beaver very close:)
-Walking on the beach at night
-Being in Atlanta again
-Taneah's Court Day! ( It was about as close a perfect day as I can think of )
-Going to the Beth Moore conference and being reminded and refocused on what God has for my life.
-Getting to know my nephews better. Now that they are little people and not babies anymore.
-Enjoying our neighbors and neighborhood.
-Watching my kids form deeper brother/sister bonds and get to know each other better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww....
-Cassie T